Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Goodbye For Now, My World Changer

On Monday, November 9, I got a phone call that changed my life.

My precious daughter was no longer alive on earth, but fully alive in the arms of Jesus. She was experiencing love and laughter and joy for the first time.

These past 24 hours have been a messy blur of tears, but through the tears, so much light shines.

People from all over the world have taken the time to read my daughter's story and tell me of the impact her short life had on theirs. People have prayed for me and my family. People have cried big, ugly tears with me.

I spoke on facebook with a stranger for over an hour today about adoption and these precious children who deserve families. This conversation would have never happened without my daughter.

Thousands of people have seen these pictures of a tiny, broken girl now made whole. Thousands of people know more about the injustices of this world because of my tiny girl - my world changer.

Now that you have seen, you are responsible. Don't let the ripples of her short life stop. Be love.

Though my heart is broken that I will never hold my sweet girl in my arms in this life, I am eternally grateful for her. I believe she did her job; she heard the words, "well done, my good and faithful daughter." I am so proud to call her mine, even from afar.

I do not for one second regret saying yes. 

There are two families near and dear to my heart - the Hortons and the Collicotts. They are bringing home precious, tiny ones from the same place where my daughter died. If you feel called to action, I would urge you to consider donating to and praying for their adoptions with me.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27

I love you, baby girl.


Wren Marieva, Beloved Daughter

2 comments:

  1. My heart is still aching for you ever since I heard the news. Ugh. Cry as long as you need. Hold on and don't let go to her, because her memory will always grow you. <3 Praying for your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I printed the info on your baby girl months ago and taped it to my bedroom mirror so I would remember to pray for her and the family who would become hers. I did not know about you at the time but I am so pleased that someone had stepped up to be her momma. Though the time was short your daughter will always be the face of hope to you. May God continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete