Sunday, April 24, 2016

Nine Sleeps! | Reece's Rainbow

On Thursday, April 21, I was sitting at lunch with my coworkers as usual. I was scrolling through Facebook on my phone and halfheartedly listening to the various conversations.

I got a notification for a new email, so I slid it down out of habit.

As soon as I read the subject line, I gasped and dropped my phone.

Travel dates!

I had my written referral and it was go time. I was in complete shock!

Adoption is hard. You work really hard to do paperwork and appointments as quickly as possible, then you w-a-i-t and w-a-i-t and w-a-i-t and then BAM! You go meet your son.

I AM MEETING MY SON NEXT WEEK.

Now is the whirlwind of preparations. Plane tickets. Hotel rooms. Packing lists. Toys, clothes. Sub plans.

And so, so much anticipation.

In just over a week, I get to introduce you to my boy. What pure joy.

With much love and excitement,
Elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. So excited for you - and all of us! God's will and timing is always perfect. I'm praying for you as you begin the hardest, yet most wonderful, journey of your life. I love you... Mom / Lollie

    ReplyDelete